Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The WIGO Europe Ion Hot Air Brush

After much excitement and enthusiasm about this gizmo, I am now having to report that I've been let down. It's not that it's bad. It is an extremely well built item. A lot of thought went into it's design. It has a cool blast button, an ion button, a very slick barrel release so you don't get your hair caught (which I did a lot with my Conair). It has many good points.

However, from the viewpoint of those of us who really need power tools and heat to tame our locks, it's been a let down. It dries okay but the brush doesn't grip well enough to really pull out the hair enough to straighten. Added to that is the lack of heat. It just doesn't get hot enough. Thick hair needs heat for texturizing and straightening. I thought at 1000W it would do it. The other problem is the way the heat is being released from the barrel. It's diffusing through the slots which are too large and too spread apart. The reason the Conair brush did a good job at applying heat is that it used small holes rather than large slots, which delievered more direct heat to the hair. This was a disappointing discovery since it seems like a good tool. If they developed a new barrel/brush attachment which delivered more direct heat, I would buy it and try it. As it is, I'll use it but I will need back up from my more powerful blow dryer (which I hate using... it's the whole point of having a good hot air brush) or I'll use my flat iron.

On a scale of 1 to 5 for us power users, I give it a 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment